- Servers for Schools + FREE Ground Shipping p0.vresp.com/BV3XDV #vr4smallbiz 3 days ago
- DELL & HP >>> Mean, Green Server Machines p0.vresp.com/H4hSwr #vr4smallbiz 1 month ago
- Velocity Tech Solutions - System Services Overview on the PowerEdge R710 Server: youtu.be/ijGYOh3rtWY?a via @YouTube 1 month ago
- For you Spiceheads that didn't know, Velocity Tech Solutions has a vendor page. come visit us. community.spiceworks.com/pages/velocity… 1 month ago
- People of Boston you are in our thoughts and prayers 1 month ago
By Anne Tarantino Via Mike Kidd
Mike took me through the 3 idracs on a Dell Poweredge R710 and for being not nearly as technical as he is , oddly it made sense to me. The weird part to me was the clearing of Idrac6 which seemed a bit unconventional. So often we joke about calling tech support and so often you hear “reboot” or “Unplug it” I will never ever again laugh at those commands from the tech on the other end of the line if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.
So if any of you need to clear you Idrac6, be it Idrac6 Express, or Idrac6 Enterprise on your Dell Power edge R or T series servers, here’s how it’s done:
If your server is coming up saying your Idrac6 can’t be initialized or cannot be found or overall acting up, on your Dell Power edge R or T series Dell server, then here’s a quick couple of things to try to get it back online:
- unplug server from wall – completely power down system and remove power from the wall for about a minute or 2.
- Reapply power to system, but do not turn on for a minute or 2
- Try applying power to see if issue resolved.
If this does not resolve the issue
- completely power down the system, unplug from the wall and remove idrac6 express and/or enterprise Idrac6 if installed.
- Turn on server, and reset the BMC firmware through the control E menu in post
- Reset the BMC to defaults you will know it’s resetting to default when you hear the fans spin up
- Shut down server unplug from wall again, install the idrac6 express and/or enterprise Idrac 6.
- Plug in server, but don’t turn on for a minute or 2.
Turn back on and it should work properly once again.
Each Dell Power edge T and R series servers come with the BMC idrac on it. There are options for the Idrac6 express and Idrac6 enterprise. Each idrac6 option has various features.
Thanks for reading and we hope this helps all that need it!
Velocity Tech Solutions is happy to announce it’s partnership with Microsoft by becoming a member of its MAR (Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher) program. Any server purchased allows the purchase of 2003 or 2008 Server Standard software. http://www.velocitytechsolutions.com
need some how to server tips. check out our video gallery. http://ping.fm/7adwY
Need to set up and M1000e enclosure? Check out what our own Mike (the KIDD) did.
setting up an M1000e? help is here http://ping.fm/LX8k3
Does anyone know what to do with a Google appliance??